Nordic Anti-Icing is a unique outdoor system for anti-icing treatment of rolling stock.
The Nordic Anti-Icing system is purely designed for preventive (“anti-ice”) treatment of rolling stock with the use of an anti-icing fluid mixed with water. The fluid stays on the treated surfaces as a protective layer and prevents ice build-ups. The excessive fluid is filtered and re-used.
- Prevents ice build-ups
- Environmentally friendly – reduces the need for energy consuming de-icing equipment
- Easy to install in both existing and new infrastructure
- Anti-icing treatment through fast, efficient and fully automated operation
- Advanced software for monitoring, communication and control
Principles of operation:
- A heated, anti-icing formulated fluid that stays on the treated surfaces as a protective layer and prevents ice build-ups.
- Excess fluid and melted water are collected on trays. The fluid is then purified in an automated and environmentally friendly process to be re-used in the next treatment.
- The system applies the fluid under low pressure. The method has been approved by various train manufacturers.
- The Nordic Anti-Icing system is equipped with several advanced IT functions, which facilitate service, maintenance and monitoring.